Title: AM Regulatory Affairs Officer
Location: New York
Our clients’ products and solutions provide flexible access to a wide range of investment opportunities across all asset classes. Products range from pooled funds to highly customized portfolios for a wide range of investors. They include active and passive funds, institutional mandates, and structured products. Our advisers and investment specialists are dedicated to creating asset management solutions for every client need and every risk, return, and liquidity preference.
The AM Americas Regulatory Affairs Officer will join the Regional Control Office for AM Americas and support the Asset Management businesses in the Americas.
The person will report to the Regional Control Officer for AM Americas or the Deputy Regional Control Officer for AM Americas (TBD).
The primary responsibilities will cover all product and functional areas for AM in the region and will focus on addressing AM’s response to pending divisional data requests from all regulators within the Americas and to help lead regulatory change initiatives within the region.
Specific responsibilities will include:
Coordinate and/or prepare responses to all ad hoc as well as annual regulatory inquiries and participate in on-site meetings with regulators (e.g., FRBNY, SEC, FINRA). Requires significant partnership with business unit representatives as well as risk and control functions (e.g., Legal, Compliance, Finance, etc.)
Provide periodic updates to the various regional management committees as well as the relevant global divisional committees with respect to current status on key regulatory risk management initiatives.
Partner with Regulatory Affairs counterparts in other regions and businesses (as applicable) to provide coordinated regulatory responses for AM and to assess related regulatory changes and coordinate responses/remediation actions.
Working with Compliance, Legal, the AM DCO Regulatory Change team and the business line representatives, assist in identification and analysis of upcoming regulatory changes to determine business impact
Provide regional support for coordination and execution of BU regulatory change implementation projects across AM in cooperation with the PMO unit and act as the key content partner for the CTB BU projects for the region.
Work with the business lines to ensure that they receive appropriate guidance and support from Compliance, Legal, and other support functions to adequately address regulatory changes impacting their business areas.
Supporting AM business unit heads and COOs to explain the impact of regulatory changes to their business and to partner in developing strategic responses
Lead Regulatory Working Group meetings for the Americas and represent AM Americas in various cross-divisional regulatory forums/committees
Serve as AM liaison to any number of regional or divisional (as appropriate) regulatory themed committees/communication forums.
The Bank’s Government and Regulatory Affairs Department (GRAD) to ensure escalation to divisional Compliance and Legal, as appropriate.
- 6-10 years relevant experience
- Experience in coordinating/managing projects
- Strong knowledge of products offered by AM and internal processes
- Experience with supporting regulatory change within a business
- Working knowledge of asset management and/or banking regulations a plus
- Experience with industry regulators a plus
- Ability to communicate issues to senior management proactively and effectively
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Ability to handle assignments with a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong business writing skills
- Detail oriented and ability to work effectively to meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and manage a portfolio of work with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively with virtual teams and a matrix organization
Contact: Drew Desky email@example.com