Position: VP, Chief of Staff for the CFO
Location: Greater New York City
Our client is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process outsourcing services, dedicated to helping the world’s leading companies build stronger businesses. It combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. With over 100 development and delivery centers worldwide and approximately 217,700 employees as of March 31, 2015, the firm is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.
The firm seeks a VP, Chief of Staff for its Chief Financial Officer. This new executive will play a key leadership role, becoming a trusted confidant and representing the CFO’s interests on a wide variety of strategic initiatives across the company.
Working very closely with and being mentored by the CFO, this leader will navigate complex & sensitive situations, driving multiple responsibilities simultaneously while balancing progress on long-term projects with the urgency of immediate operational demands. The VP, Chief of Staff will be privy to highly confidential company information and will act as a liaison between the CFO and other constituencies, both internal and external.
While the VP, Chief of Staff may not have direct reports, she/he will also collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, building strong and sustainable business relationships while interacting with all levels of the organization.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Tracking and reporting priorities and objectives for the CFO’s staff. Tracking open items and due dates, working with staff to determine status and helping ensure objectives are achieved;
• Preparing agenda for staff meetings, capturing minutes, tracking and following up on action items and preparing regular reports;
• Preparing quarterly reports on achievement vs. plan;
• Creating complex presentations – analyzing data, determining how best to present the information, and creating the slides;
• Drafting correspondence, communicating information on behalf of the CFO;
• Establishing excellent working relationships with the CFO’s staff and the staff of other senior executives;
• Coordinating and working with CFO on presentations for Board and various external constituents (including investors) and working cross-functionally and determine appropriate content, messaging and presentation;
• Leading projects on an as required basis;
• Ad-hoc analysis and decision support; and
• Working closely with CFO’s executive assistant to develop a process to effectively manage the CFO’s time.
Ultimately, the VP, Chief of Staff for the CFO will gain immeasurable experience that will catapult her/his career to the next level as either a senior finance leader for one of the firm’s strategic business units or possibly as a future successor to our CFO.
• 15+ years of experience;
• Experience in a senior level finance role, i.e. Head of FP&A, Division CFO, etc.;
• Prior experience in a senior-level project management role or in a Chief of Staff role for a senior executive;
• Experience in multiple functional areas within large multinational corporations;
• Master’s in Business Administration from a top-tier academic institution; and
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant subject area.
• Excellent analytical abilities and problem solving skills;
• Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner;
• Strong organizational skills and proven project management experience;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal;
• Proven experience managing and influencing effectively in a matrix organized, multi-national company;
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct multiple projects and activities with varied deadlines;
• Good judgment and sensitivity to confidential documents, issues and information; and
• High level of diplomacy, tact and discretion. Understands ethical issues and has a proven high level of integrity.
The ideal location for this role is the greater New York City area since the CFO and most senior executives work in our Teaneck, NJ headquarters.
Please contact Alan Lesser