Position: Team Head, Financial Institutions Group
Location: New York, NY
This individual would lend support to the build-up of the newly founded FIG (Financial Institutions Group) Team at the New York Branch and eventually be responsible for managing a team of up to 4 Relationship Managers. The primary focus will be on acquiring new business with Banks, Insurance Companies, Asset Managers, as well as with Public Finance clients.
The Team Head will have supervisory/management responsibility for the Team, as well as top line and cost targets and process management of credit applications.
SPECIFIC TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of a team of up to 4 (senior) relationship managers including KPI setting, support in acquiring business in line with Global FIG business plan and strategy.
- Focus on consequent development and growth throughout all three areas of business focus of FIG NY (banks, insurance companies & public finance).
- Ensure a smooth and high qualitative approval process of credit applications.
- Active and positive management of various stakeholders within the bank.
- In parallel work to grow the Bank’s relations network to clients, advisors, law firms and banking associations so as to improve the FIG NY visibility and advertise the Bank’s new business model.
- Ensure senior-coverage of clients and the pro-active involvement of NY branch management and Global FIG management.
- Close interaction with all product units (both at the NY branch and at Head Office) in order to ensure smooth product placements and maximum sales success.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics (MBA a plus).
- At least 7 years’ experience in relationship management at a commercial banking institution whereby correspondent banking activities (especially focused on Tier 2 & 3 banks in the US) was covered, and / or insurance companies in the US and Bermuda. Existence of a current network within the US Tier 2 & 3 banks and / or insurance companies is desired.
- Knowledge of Public Finance mechanism and products / clients would be a plus.
- First management experience (project management and / or management of a small team) would be appreciated.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
contact Fred Dearborn