comment : Off
Sr. Relationship Manager Financial Institutions Group (“FIG”) North America-Vice President
REPORTING TO: Team Head FIG North America
- Assume responsibility to cover a portfolio of relationships with US and Canadian banks and develop pro-actively effective cross-sell strategies with the goal of maximizing relationship profitability.
- Strong focus on new client acquisitions especially in the Tier 2 & Tier 3 area of US banks. Ability to identify potential new clients and business opportunities that are in line with the bank’s FIG strategy.
- Coordinate with European units (FIG in Head Office, product specialists and risk office) to market broad commercial banking products which include cash management, export/trade finance, structured finance and treasury products.
- Lead negotiations with clients including pricing, structure and key aspects of documentation.
- Work closely with colleagues within the team and Head Office in the context of initiating credit and investment board applications, and of managing day-to-day client needs as well as internal and external inquiries.
- Extensive travel required within the U.S. & Canada, plus 1-2 times p.a. to Europe (as necessary)
- College graduate with a major in Business Administration, Economics or related disciplines.
- At least 5-7 years of banking experience as relationship manager for banks and/ or institutional clients, preferably with an international bank.
- Proven and experienced relationship manager with vast network, and existing client and industry contacts throughout North America. Proven track record of new client acquisition.
- Superb marketing and negotiating skills including experience in negotiating at senior management level i.e. Finance Director/Treasurer.
- Proven track record of cross-selling products and services across various corporate banking divisions. Good knowledge of capital markets and structured finance products.
- Experience in credit risk/financial analysis. Formal credit training preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a structured fashion. Strong ability to self-motivate (i.e. self-starter).
- Strong communications skills and intercultural competencies enabling effective communication with German head office and other European branches.
- Some degree of German language skill would be a plus.