Position: Senior Developer
Location: New York, NY
Our client is currently searching for a Senior Programmer/Developer.
This position will be based in the New York office. The Senior Programmer/Developer will report to the IT Manager, Development & Desktop Engineering and is responsible for creating and maintaining custom applications. Responsibilities include writing code to integrate new and existing systems. This include stand-alone applications, systems utilities, web applications and SharePoint development. In addition, he/she will perform maintenance and enhancements to existing custom solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage software development projects from requirements gathered through coding, testing, documentation, delivery and maintenance.
- Architect and develop various application designs and prepare technical design documents and wireframe.
- Provide strategic, forward-thinking ideas to help define technical architecture and vision for applications development for the firm.
- Migrate legacy applications into newer platforms for better scalability and maintenance.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of design and functional specifications.
- Code, test and debug new and existing software and utilities.
- Perform maintenance and enhancements to existing software and utilities.
- Administer, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot applications developed internally.
- Create scripts and utilities for automating administrative tasks.
- Participate in business analysis and requirements gathering.
- Provide support and training on developed applications.
- Work closely with SQL DBA, Desktop Engineer, Applications developer, IT Trainer and Helpdesk technicians to educate, transfer knowledge and provide troubleshooting and problem diagnosis.
- Propose changes and improvements to ensure optimal performance and reliability of applications.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Convey ideas clearly and tailor communications based on selected audience (technical and nontechnical).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field.
- Proficient with the use of SQL Server Management Studio and Query Analyzer.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in large database and custom application development work.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience with Object Oriented Programming with ASP.NET and the Microsoft.Net framework.
- Able to work effectively and produce consistent results with minimum supervision.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently in atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure.
- Thorough understanding of business process design and experience with a System Development Lifecycle Methodology.
- Good oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Demonstrated initiative and motivation.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Web Service API’s for integration purposes.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Intapp for integration purposes.
- Understanding of SSL certificates and web application proxies.
- The ability to interact and collaborate effectively with team members, technical staff, vendors and internal customers.
- Ability to lead, think creatively as well as adapt and contribute to changing environments.
- Perform other departmental duties as required by manager.
Normal office environment. Incumbent is expected to work the hours necessary to fulfill the
responsibilities of the position.
Able to work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Contact: David Burch