Position: Real Estate Securities Analyst
Location: New York
Responsible for maintaining coverage and providing stock recommendations on one or more property sectors for a portfolio management team dedicated to publicly-traded real estate securities (REITs). Investment team manages funds and separate accounts marketed to institutional and retail investors.
- Build out and maintain individual company models and valuation framework in addition to populating ranking model.
- Gather and analyze data from company financial statements, supplemental statements, and other sources, including third party and internal property sector research.
- Work closely with other analysts and portfolio managers to assist in company and sector analysis.
- Track capital markets and news-flow related to assigned sector coverage.
- Utilize understanding of debt and equity markets to build company specific models
- Strong finance/accounting skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Bloomberg
- BA or BS required, preferable with major in Accounting or Finance
- Self starter with a strong work ethic that can concept and execute multiple projects
- Real estate or investment experience is required
- Experience covering individual securities for long only analysis
- Experience using a NAV based valuation framework
- Experience interviewing company management teams
Contact: Drew Desky