Location: New York, NY
Seeking a Private Equity Associate to participate in and contribute to all aspects of the deal process with responsibility for all primary quantitative and qualitative analysis of portfolio companies and funds.
Your primary responsibility will be to qualitatively and quantitatively evaluate potential transactions including conducting due diligence, portfolio company analysis and valuation, financial modelling, preparation of materials for Investment Committee and other internal meetings, interaction with external consultants and advisers, closing administration and liaison with the Finance department.
Structuring and Execution
You will participate in the development of appropriate deal structures to meet sellers’ and/or managers’ needs and work with the deal team and the in-house legal team to prepare and coordinate the execution of NDAs, offer letters, purchase agreements and other legal and transaction documentation.
You will keep up-to-date on portfolio performance and address any specific requests for action or approval (e.g. the receipt and sale/retention of distributed stock proceeds), as well as prepare returns forecasts, commentary and other investment information for the limited partners meetings.
Deal Sourcing, Marketing, & Fund Raising
Part of your role is to build strong relationships (GPs/Investors/Consultants/Advisers), conduct desk research, warm/hot calling and cold calling – all usually as part of a team focused on a specific geographic area, industrial sector or transaction type; you will also be required to undertake research or participate in other ad-hoc projects in support of Deal Sourcing or Marketing initiatives.
- 4-6 years experience within a relevant industry (you will have completed your analyst training or equivalent and may have some experience at an Associate level) including;
- private equity
- funds of funds
- pension fund
- family office
- M&A / corporate finance
- leveraged finance
- an investment consulting firm
- as an investor/LP
- Excellent academics and a solid career history
- Outstanding achievements in career to date
- Fluent (written and spoken) English
- Established network in the US (US based roles) through working in that country
- Advanced financial and business modelling skills
- Results driven and ambitious
- Strategic and commercial acumen
Contact: Jim Scholfield