JOB TITLE: Manager, IT Infrastructure & Operations
LOCATION: New York, NY
The Manager of IT Infrastructure and Operations is a senior-level role with the IT team and is responsible for
implementing, maintaining, and enhancing all core IT systems, including network, server, storage, phone, and
communication systems. This role leverages internal and external relationships and works with a variety of
vendors and consultants to achieve results. The Infrastructure Manager is deeply involved in the diligence
and selection of new core IT systems and related strategic vendor relationships and is central to overseeing IT
aspects of critical business processes related to business continuity and compliance. Additionally, this role is
involved with various aspects of information security, including the development and implementation of IT
security systems, policies, and procedures. This role also contributes, as needed, to IT systems administration
and IT support, acting as an escalation point for IT Specialists.
- Lead strategic, core IT infrastructure projects for new and existing systems (network, server,
communications, mobile), aligning with the IT project road map and broader IT strategy.
- In conjunction with the Director of IT, create, refine, and prioritize high-level IT project road map to continuously deliver true, value-add IT services to the Firm, including solution diligence and testing of new technologies.
- Own and manage critical IT vendor and consultant relationships related to infrastructure services, network services, phone system / communication services, and ISP services.
- Lead IT-related aspects of Business Continuity plans and Compliance systems, including required annual testing of redundant IT Infrastructure and “books and records” data.
- Participate in and continuously refine IT change management procedures to ensure proper planning and documenting of system changes.
- Proactively monitor IT systems and manage, with service providers and vendors, event escalation paths and incident remediation.
- Create and maintain thorough documentation related to core information technology systems and operational processes.
- Implement, manage, and maintain systems related to remote access and mobility, including MDM, multi-factor authentication, VPN, and Citrix.
- Participate in the implementation and integration of cloud-based computing platforms such as Azure, AWS, Box, and Salesforce.
- Participate in a variety of information security projects and maintain / operate information security systems, aligning with the Firm’s global information security program.
- Act as an escalation point for IT Specialists, providing support for end-user IT problems, including desktops / laptops, mobile devices, printing, phones, peripherals, remote access and applications.
- Evaluate new IT solutions that may provide improvements over existing systems. Research new technology, coordinate demos and provide recommendations for technology platform enhancements.
- Assist Office Services with IT-related aspects of building infrastructure operations, such as electrical shutdowns, HVAC, UPS, physical security, and fire inspections.
- Participate in various aspects of vendor relationship management, including incident creation, support escalation, upholding vendor accountability, purchasing, and contract renewals.
- Engage in ongoing professional development by maintaining involvement in informal knowledge transfer sessions, attending off-site training and conferences, participating in seminars and user groups, and reading industry publications.
- Candidate must maintain the Firm’s values and standards for the highest personal and corporate ethics through honesty, fair dealing and constant thoughtfulness in all interactions. This individual will not be afraid to dissent or speak up if she/he has ethical concerns.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
- 10+ years’ experience implementing and maintaining core IT Infrastructure and comms systems
- 5+ years’ experience managing strategic IT vendor / consultant relationships
- High level of comfort and effectiveness interacting directly with organizational leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among project teams and stakeholders
- Exceptional vendor and consultant management experience and capability
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and organization skills
- Excellent written / verbal communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated team player, self-motivated, ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- Proven track record of personal and professional growth and development
- Flexibility with work schedule to allow for night and weekend work for projects and escalations
- Understanding of Private Equity information systems and processes is preferred
- Financial Services / Private Equity / Alternative Investment industry experience is preferred
- Microsoft and Cisco certified credentials preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Windows Networking, incl. AD / Group Policy / DNS / DHCP.
- Advanced Windows Server 2008 / 2012 / 2014
- Advanced VMWare ESX 5.x / 6.x / SRM
- Advanced Cisco Networking, incl. Meraki, ASA, FireSight
- Advanced Cisco Call Manager / Unity
- Advanced OSI Model Concepts
- Advanced Windows Security Concepts – ACLs, Shares, Password Policies, System Policies, Encryption
- Intermediate Network Concepts – TCP/IP, VLANs, L2/L3 Routing, ACLs, OSPF, QoS, BGP
- Intermediate Storage Concepts – RAID; Arrays; LUNs; SAN; iSCSI; NAS
- Intermediate Cloud Computing (SaaS), incl. Salesforce.com, Box.com, Office365
- Intermediate Cloud Computing (IaaS), incl. AWS, Azure
- Intermediate Remote Access / Citrix XenApp / AnyConnect VPN / Okta
- Intermediate Microsoft Exchange Server
- Intermediate E-mail System Concepts – SMTP, MX, SPF, Filtering, Archiving, SMIME, PGP, SSL, TLS
- Intermediate Mobile Device Management, incl. AirWatch, iOS, Android
Michael Greenstein email@example.com
David Burch firstname.lastname@example.org