Position: Investment Associate
Department: Private Markets
Location: New York, NY
Working as a member of the Private Markets Investments team, the Associate will be involved in all aspects of private equity investments, including due diligence, transaction execution and investment monitoring.
The individual will be involved in the following critical activities:
- Screen, analyze, conduct due diligence on and monitor private equity investment opportunities involving funds, co-investments and secondaries.
- Build and modify models for investment program cash flow projection, fund cash flow and return analysis, and secondary investment and co-investment return and sensitivity analyses.
- Prepare investment memorandums and present recommendations and due diligence findings to internal committees and clients.
- Partner with legal counsel to review fund and deal terms, negotiate and execute investment transactions.
- Play an active role in investment transactions from start to finish, including legal documentation and all closing logistics.
- Support fundraising efforts for private equity separate account mandates and commingled funds.
- Client relationship management support including ongoing portfolio management and reporting activities.
- Think as a principal investor, converting market knowledge and due diligence findings into well- developed investment recommendations.
- Develop market research and provide knowledge transfer to clients.
- Supervise junior analysts/interns by training them on investment analysis and internal processes
- Assist with special projects (business development, investor relations, etc.) on an as-needed basis.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The ideal experience and critical competencies for the role include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics or Finance with outstanding academic credentials; MBA or CFA preferred.
- 3 to 4 years of professional experience as an Analyst and/or Associate in private equity, investment banking or consulting/advisory.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong organization, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding project management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deal teams, often on several transactions or potential opportunities simultaneously, under tight deadlines.
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and work both independently and as a productive member of project teams.
- Desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial organization.
- High degree of integrity.
- Dedicated work ethic and commitment to team and a goal-oriented environment.
In terms of cultural fit, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and energized by working amongst a group of thoughtful, smart and successful colleagues. He or she will enjoy being part of an organization focused on excellence and will be a naturally collaborative person who enjoys interacting with individuals at all levels. Additionally, he or she will be a strong team player with a proactive approach and the ability to exercise discretion and judgment.
Contact Drew Desky