NORTH AMERICA FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS GROUP
SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT / VICE PRESIDENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
This individual would lend support to the build-up of the newly founded FIG (Financial Institutions Group) Team at the New York Branch and eventually be responsible for managing a team of up to 4 Relationship Managers. The primary focus will be on acquiring new business with Insurance Companies, Tier 2 & 3 Banks, Asset Managers, as well as with Public Finance clients.
(The Team Head will have supervisory/management responsibility for the Team, as well as top line and cost targets and process management of credit applications).
SPECIFIC TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Focus on development and growth throughout all three areas of business focus of FIG NY (insurance companies, banks, & asset managers).
• Ensure a smooth and high qualitative approval process of credit applications.
• Active and positive management of various stakeholders within the bank.
• In parallel work to grow the Bank’s relations network to clients, advisors, law firms and banking associations so as to improve the FIG NY visibility and advertise the Bank’s new business model.
• Ensure senior-coverage of clients and the pro-active involvement of NY branch management and Global FIG management.
• Close interaction with all product units (both at the NY branch and at Head Office) in order to ensure smooth product placements and maximum sales success.
• At least 7 years’ experience in a relationship management role at a commercial banking institution where correspondent banking activities for insurance companies in the US and Bermuda is focused. Additional coverage of banks (especially focused on Tier 2 & 3 banks in the US) and / or asset managers is required. Existence of a current network with insurance companies is desired.
• First management experience (project management and / or management of a small team) would be appreciated.
• Knowledge of Public Finance mechanism and products / clients would be a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics (MBA a plus).
Contact Fred Dearborn