Director of US Recruitment
New York, New York
Our client is a leading global alternative asset manager with more than 100 years of experience owning and operating real assets. We invest in and actively manage over $250 billion long-life, high quality assets across real estate, infrastructure, renewable power and private equity. Our investments include one of the largest portfolios of office properties in the world, an industry-leading infrastructure business spanning utilities, transport, energy, communications infrastructure and sustainable resources, and one of the largest pure-play renewable power businesses. Through our portfolio companies, we support the employment of over 70,000 people in more than 30 countries.
Our asset management business consists of 5 business groups (Real Estate, Infrastructure, Power, Private Equity, and Public Securities) and the Corporate group. We operate on a decentralized basis where each business group is responsible for the activities of the business. Corporate acts as a partner to the business group, performing certain functions that are shared across all groups (e.g., fundraising), sharing best practices, facilitating communication across the groups to ensure that activities that require consistency across groups are co-ordinated. Accordingly, we operate in a matrix environment requiring everyone to consider who might be impacted by a decision, and/or who needs to be involved or aware.
About the Position:
The company is seeking a Director of US Recruitment to join the Human Resources Team. Based in New York City, this position offers an excellent opportunity in a dynamic environment for an individual with a “hands-on” approach. The Director of US Recruitment will be responsible for recruitment activity across various lines of business including: Real Estate, Private Equity, Infrastructure and Corporate. In addition to individual position recruitment, this person will help to develop and execute recruitment programs to meet the growing needs of the organization.
- Creatively source candidates for positions, utilizing a variety of recruitment resources such as employee referrals, internet sites and recruitment agencies
- Evaluate resumes, interview and present qualified candidates to hiring managers and solicit feedback on candidates to refine recruiting strategy as applicable
- Partner with the hiring managers to create, edit and post job descriptions to internal and external job search sites
- Oversee the coordination and scheduling of interviews, together with HR coordinator
- Gather and present market data on hiring trends and market compensation
- Establish strong relationships with internal employees and hiring managers to foster a partnership throughout the interview process
- Work with the business to understand and to develop their specific recruiting goals. Implement recruiting strategies that are aligned with each line of business.
- Ensure positive candidate experience with frequent and timely communication throughout recruitment process
- Act as an ambassador for the firm; Educate candidates on the culture, career growth, benefits and many advantages of working for the company
- Understand diversity goals for each business and create a strategy to meet these goals
- Conduct compensation conversations with both Human Resources and hiring manager to ensure internal and external equity
- Track recruiting metrics to determine efficiencies and areas for improvement – provide updates to senior management
- BA/BS with 7-10 years of recruitment experience working in-house at a Private Equity, Investment Management firm, Professional Services firm or with a recruitment agency focused on the financial sector
- Track record of employee placement in investments, finance and operations, portfolio management and corporate functions
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build solid relationships through value-added execution
- Experience with long term incentive plans is a plus
- “Roll up your sleeve” mentality, no task too large or too small
- High energy, proactive and self motivated
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and attention to details
- Innovative, creative and results oriented
Contact Drew Desky