Position Title: Director, Corporate Development
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Director, Corporate Development will play a leading role within the Strategy & Corporate Development team, which is broadly responsible for evaluation of various strategic initiatives and specifically responsible for executing mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, and divestitures. In this capacity, he/she will spearhead various analytical efforts within the group while developing and managing relationships with key leaders/stakeholders within various business units. The position reports to the SVP, Corporate Development.
- Identify strategic investment or divestment opportunities across the broker/dealer, wealth management and financial technology sectors
- Develop the strategic rationale for acquisitions or divestitures
- Assist in managing cross-functional teams for acquisition and divestiture processes including due diligence, strategic analysis, valuation, synergy identification, etc.
- Maintain and/or build complex and detailed financial and valuation models as appropriate
- Help lead transaction execution processes, including coordination of internal working group, management of advisors (e.g., internal or external legal resources), due diligence process, data room management, etc.
- Assist in the development of recommendations to executive management and the Board
- Work with senior leaders, finance management and peers on strategic and ad hoc projects Develop and maintain productive relationships with other corporate executives and business units, with external company management teams, and with industry and professional networks that can assist in development initiatives
- Develop relationships across various business units and their leadership
- Determine the best approach to analyzing and synthesizing data and work independently to solve complex problems
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- At least 3 years of investment banking, private equity or equivalent corporate development experience.
- Extensive Excel and financial modeling skills, including direct experience building complex three statement acquisition models, and valuations (e.g., DCF)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills together with expert proficiency in MS PowerPoint
- Highly motivated with demonstrated experience managing multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Comfortable working within an entrepreneurial, “roll-up your sleeves” environment; desire and comfort to “get hands dirty” with no “ivory tower” mentality
- Self-starter who will anticipate challenges and work proactively to resolve issues
- Team player
- Series 7 or equivalent