Role: Associate, Business Strategy & Development – Investments Division
Location: New York, NY
This role will report to Head of Strategy & Development and will partner with members of the senior management team to define strategic and operating initiatives. This person will conduct thorough research and synthesize information to deliver fact-based recommendations through compelling communications. In addition, the Associate will have a broad mandate including preparing briefing materials, developing executive communications, coordinating senior stakeholder meetings.
The Strategy & Development team seeks to be a feeder for top talent into the broader platform and aims to develop and mentor Associates into future leaders. As such, the Associate role is generally intended as a two to three-year term after which a top performer will likely move into an operating role within a business line.
Specific Responsibilities Include
• Conduct market and industry competitive research to assess key trends and their impact on our client
• Assist in analyzing and executing business development opportunities, including strategic partnerships, JVs and acquisitions
• Develop quantitative analyses and build financial/business models
• Create, design and coordinate development of executive presentations for boards of directors, executive committees and clients
• Support coordination of activities among senior management team, business units, investment team, client coverage teams and other stakeholders
Skills & Experience Required
• Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in an analytical environment, ideally at a strategy/management consulting firm, or strategy group within an asset management firm.
• Demonstrated academic achievements, including an undergraduate degree from a top-tier university
• Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
• Problem solving skills, critical thinking aptitude and business modeling abilities
• Superb presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Expert level PowerPoint and Excel skills
Contact: Drew Desky