Role: Associate, Capital Markets
Location: New York, NY
Our client is a financial holding company with $50 billion in assets. The firm provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries.
Reporting into the Capital Markets business, this individual will be part of the team responsible for underwriting middle market and large corporate transactions and deal syndication.
- Create presentations and client marketing materials including Confidential Investment Memoranda (CIM), Teasers and market reads
- Support the Capital Markets team in closing and funding transactions and structuring and syndicating bank loan products including modeling trades in support of live execution, credit exposure modelling, and scenario analysis
- Participate in pre-trade checks including documentation, compliance and credit
- Coordinate counterparty credit process including requesting and maintaining trading lines with appropriate portfolio team
- Lead role in researching client financial statements and other marketing activities
- Manage sales pipeline and assist desk personnel in sourcing new opportunities throughout market
- Bachelor’s degree with a priority preference for business or finance, or its equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in middle market capital markets
- Formal credit training required
- In depth knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint for client presentations.
- Proficiency with Bloomberg
- Strong quantitative skills including the ability to automate data analysis via spreadsheets and macros
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to express ideas in a persuasive, organized, and articulate manner.
Contact: Fred Dearborn